Friday 30 March 2012

Beauty is skin deep -.- Oh! really

My perception of beauty has been highly distorted
I proclaim that beauty is only skin deep and in the eye of the beholder
but my own mouth laughs at my naivety
the world is a superficial place and i fear vanity has taken over me
My mind disapproves of the lighter is better concept
My mouth screams the blacker the berry the sweeter the juice
but my heart incresed beats seem to mock my own words
slowly these words become a blur and appear to be lies
I want to scream I'm beautiful but its hard to when the world doesnot see this
Actually for once in the human race I will stop lying to myself
allow me to rephrase the sentence, I want to scream out I'm beautiful
but as i stare into the mirror all I see are my words slowly evolving into lies
If i cant see my so called black ebony beauty how can i possible expect the world to
my  perception of beauty has been long distorted
but my mouth spreads lies so the world can believe i have accepted my seemingly self proclaimed beauty
Self hate feels me as even i cannot accept my self

6 comments:

  1. I love your voice!

    - PRADA SUNNIES GIVEAWAY -
    - PRADA SUNNIES GIVEAWAY -

    sunnie
    (.=

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful words :)

    www.midecoker.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. i really like the way you wrote this, and i see where your coming from...

    http://www.jbeyouzaina.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh thanks and im glad someone can relate :)

      Delete